December 9, 2016
The single-story rectangular building housing Kennedy was built in 1918 and served as the Camp A. A. Humphreys Pump Station and Filter Building — water treatment — until 1970 when the treatment equipment was removed and it was effectively abandoned. Photo from 1985.
Stories this photo appears in:
Eleanor U. Kennedy Shelter helping homeless for 30 years.
In late August, Mount Vernon resident “Maria” was released from the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center after being incarcerated for one year.